Frozen Lemon Media Privacy Statement
Current version published: June 2, 2015 Print This Page
Frozen Lemon Media strives to be completely transparent with how we collect and use the information we gather about you on this site. Your privacy is important to us and we respect your preferences.
This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) explains how Frozen Lemon Media – Inbound Marketing Agency, (“Frozen Lemon Media”) uses personal information (“Personal Information”) and applies to all users (“users”) who access, view, visit, download, or otherwise interact with https://frozenlemonmedia.com (the “Site”). By visiting the Site, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to the Frozen Lemon Media practices, do not access, view, visit, download, or otherwise interact with the Site. If you have any questions or comments concerning Frozen Lemon Media’s Privacy Statement, please contact us by sending an email to info (at) frozenlemonmedia.com. You can also contact Frozen Lemon Media via postal mail at: 140 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario M5C1X6.
Our Privacy Statement is organized as follows:
- Personal Information Frozen Lemon Media gathers
- How Frozen Lemon Media Collects Personal Information
- How Frozen Lemon Media Uses Personal Information
- When and Why Frozen Lemon Media Discloses Personal Information
- Tracking Technologies
- Choice and Control
- Security of Personal Information
- Privacy Practices of Third Parties
- Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America
- Frozen Lemon Media Blog
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
1) Personal Information Frozen Lemon Media gathers
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. Frozen Lemon Media collects the following types of Personal Information:
Contact Information. Contact Information allows Frozen Lemon Media to communicate with you. Examples of Contact Information include, but are not limited to, your name, accurate postal addresses, valid email address, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of Frozen Lemon Media.
Transaction Information. Frozen Lemon Media automatically receives and records some information from your browser when you visit the site, such as your IP address, cookies and data about which pages you visit on the site through the use of log files provided by our third-party tracking-utility partners. This information helps us analyze and understand how the site works for users. Information that is gathered includes, but is not limited to, information about how you interact with Frozen Lemon Media, information about how you use Frozen Lemon Media’s Sites, email, other communications, and applications, and how you interact with other users and Frozen Lemon Media business partners.
Mobile Location Information. If you have permitted your mobile or other location-aware device to transmit location data, Frozen Lemon Media collects Mobile Location.
Posted Information. If you chose to post a comment on our blog, we may collect information regarding your name and the content of your post. It is important to note that any content you post on the blog is publicly displayed and will be seen by other users of the Site.
2) How Frozen Lemon Media Collects Personal Information
Frozen Lemon Media prompts you to provide Personal Information (including Contact Information) when you use Frozen Lemon Media or otherwise interact with the Site or contact Frozen Lemon Media.
Frozen Lemon Media also collects Transaction Information if and when you contact Frozen Lemon Media via telephone, email, or other methods of communication.
3) How Frozen Lemon Media Uses Personal Information
We may use Personal Information to enhance your user experience, to help us better understand you, to help us customize offers, blog topics, or posts that may be of interest to you, and to help us otherwise enhance the Site.
Frozen Lemon Media uses Personal Information to:
- Identify and authenticate users;
- Facilitate transactions;
- Operate and improve the Site;
- Connect with you on social media (such as Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter);
- Contact you by phone or email;
- Personalize and continually improve users’ Frozen Lemon Media experience;
- Provide you with suggested information based on variables such as stated preferences, interests, business activities, and/or location;
- Send you technical notices, updates, alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Evaluate additional services, items, or offerings that may be of interest to users;
- Track transactions and perform other analytics;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Frozen Lemon Media partners or third parties; and
4) When and Why Frozen Lemon Media Discloses Personal Information
Frozen Lemon Media will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your explicit consent, except as specified in this Privacy Statement. Frozen Lemon Media will disclose your Personal Information when:
- Working with companies and service providers (i.e. ActiveCampaign, HubSpot, SalesForce.com, or other companies that process billing, website hosting, or analytics performance in furtherance of the purposes described in Section 3 (“How Frozen Lemon Media Uses Personal Information”) above.
- Frozen Lemon Media employs other companies to perform tasks on Frozen Lemon Media’s behalf and therefore Frozen Lemon Media must share your Personal Information with these companies to provide services to you. Examples include but are not limited to processing payments, handling billing disputes and collections, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance and providing customer service. Frozen Lemon Media may partner with third-party services for fraud prevention and/or identity verification.
- Enforcing Frozen Lemon Media’s rights or protect Frozen Lemon Media property and intellectual property;
- Protecting the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request.
- Frozen Lemon Media believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss.
- Frozen Lemon Media believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to commence an investigation or take action regarding illegal activities or suspected fraud.
- Frozen Lemon Media believes in good faith that it must disclose such information per auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
- Frozen Lemon Media believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to defend Frozen Lemon Media in litigation or a regulatory action.
- Frozen Lemon Media believes in good faith that it must disclose such information or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in Canada, the United States and other countries where we operate.
Frozen Lemon Media will not sell your Personal Information to third parties unless Frozen Lemon Media is in the process of entering into a merger with another business, acquisition of another business, or the sale of all or a portion of Frozen Lemon Media’s assets and the information is needed to support the sale or transfer of business assets. If Frozen Lemon Media is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information before it becomes subject to a new privacy statement.
This Privacy Statement only governs when and why Frozen Lemon Media discloses Personal Information. This Privacy statement does not apply to the practices of third parties that Frozen Lemon Media does not own or control or individuals that Frozen Lemon Media does not employ or manage. The use of your Personal Information by third parties that you access through the Site is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to Frozen Lemon Media’s control. Frozen Lemon Media is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of other websites on the Internet, even those linked to or from the Frozen Lemon Media Site. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
Frozen Lemon Media may disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, Frozen Lemon Media may provide our partners, (such as Hubspot or SalesForce.com), or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about Frozen Lemon Media users.
5) Tracking Technologies
6) Choice and Control
While Frozen Lemon Media does need to collect certain information to make your Frozen Lemon Media experience personalized and to conduct transactions for you, Frozen Lemon Media wants to give you the ability to control how your information is provided and shared.
- Email Preferences. For various reasons, Frozen Lemon Media may contact you about our services or your activity. If you no longer wish to receive emails from Frozen Lemon Media you may opt out of the email as indicated on each and every email correspondence.
- Cookies and Tracking Devices. You manage how your browser handles cookies and other tracking devices by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your browser. If accessing Frozen Lemon Media by a mobile device, you may manage the information your mobile device shares, such as cookies, tracking technologies, and location information, by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings.
7) Security of Personal Information
Frozen Lemon Media strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, however, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and therefore Frozen Lemon Media cannot guarantee absolute security of your personal information. Frozen Lemon Media strives to maintain a system that reasonably safeguards Personal Information.
8) Privacy Practices of Third Parties.
This Privacy Statement describes the collection, use, and disclosure of information by Frozen Lemon Media through the Site. Frozen Lemon Media utilizes third parties to provide services to users and also provides links from the Site to other websites. These third parties may have their own privacy policies and may collect, use, and distribute information differently than Frozen Lemon Media. Frozen Lemon Media encourages all users to read the privacy policies of all third parties.
9) Frozen Lemon Media Blog
10) Changes to this Privacy Statement
Frozen Lemon Media may, from time to time, in Frozen Lemon Media’s sole, absolute, and unfettered discretion, update this Privacy Statement to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different privacy practices. We encourage all users to periodically review the Privacy Statement.
11) Contact Frozen Lemon Media
If you have questions or suggestions, you may contact Frozen Lemon Media by sending an email to contact (at) frozenlemonmedia.com.